A Medical Laboratory Technician is needed at Eye Foundation Hospital Group (EFHG). Eye Foundation Hospital Group is a healthcare group with speciality in Eye care services.
The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high-tech specialist eye hospital capable; of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs; a group practice with many sub-specialized ophthalmologists.
Medical Laboratory Technician
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Perform routine clinical laboratory tests done in hematology; chemistry, immunohematology, microbiology, immunology, and coagulation.
- Adequate stock-taking and preparation for the clinic.
- Attending to patients in a professional and timely manner.
- Collating of monthly reports.
- Providing test results for patient diagnosis and treatment (chemistry; hematology, immunology, microbiology) by operating equipment provided.
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment for patients; visitors, physicians, and co-workers by following; established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serving and protecting the hospital community by adhering; to professional standards, hospital policies, and procedures; federal, state, and local requirements standards.
- Enhancing laboratory services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership; for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Organize work by matching orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls; verifying equipment function through routine equipment; maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Identify and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel; the pathologist, the patient-physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health; department, or other designated officials.
- Identify the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse; therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation; and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens; blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- An Ordinary National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science or Science Laboratory Technology is required.
- Candidate must be smart and flexible.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the same role is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail