Documents Required for Canadian Visa:- Planning a job, study, visit, endless life, or a trip to Canada? If so, Canada has many migration ideas tailored to your specific circumstances.
This includes trial permits, work permits, and applications for temporary or permanent visas. Each one comes with its own set of materials and appropriate defects.
You can always find the right programs for you by taking the appropriate test. If so, you will be given additional instructions on what steps to take next.
Obviously, you must complete and submit some documents; and it is up to you to make sure that the documents submitted; are correct because the decision to be made by the immigration officials will depend; on the information contained in the book mentioned.
Do not forget to make a complete review before submitting your application and; make sure that all the documents required for a Canadian passport are submitted; because everything sent by post after submission will not be planned..
You can use them online or on paper. To use the internet, you need to have access to a smart or scanning camera; (to create an electronic copy of your documents to collect); and a valid credit card to pay for your passport.
If you are in full, you can always get more help from the Visa Application Office (VAC); near you and read on to learn more about the documents needed for a Canadian visa.
Who Doesn’t Need A Visa to Travel to Canada?
Not every person who wishes to travel to this country must have a visa. The list includes:
- Citizens of the U.S.
- Permanent residents in Canada.
- Bearers of Canadian dual citizenship.
- Refugees traveling with a document for non-citizens.
- Stateless people traveling with an alien’s passport.
- Former Canadian residents who’ve not been back for many years.
However, where a visa is not required, you may require a passport and; in some situations, an Electronic Travel Authorization to fly to a Canadian Airport.
What Application Documents Do I Require For A Canadian Visa?
As we mentioned earlier, the type of immigration program you choose; will determine the kind of Canada visa documents required. Generally, these are the documents you will be required to submit:
A Valid Passport
Your passport will only be deemed valid if it’s going; to be effective for at least six months at the time of application and; it has a minimum of one empty page for the stamp.
If you have previous passports, make sure you’ve attached them as well. In addition to the passport, you will need to present two passport-size photos, which must meet the following conditions:
- Have 60-80% face coverage.
- White background.
- Must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).
- Have a matt or semi-matt finish.
- Have your date of birth and name inscribed at the back.
- Not more than three months old, stapled or scanned.
- Not used in your previous visa application.
Additionally, the government of Canada recently announced that starting July 31, 2018; you will have to give your fingerprints plus a photo (biometrics).
When applying for a visitor visa, work or study permit (U.S nationals are excluded); permanent residence, and refugee/asylum status if you are from Europe the Middle East, or Africa. There are a few exceptions though.
Canada Visa Application Form
You are required to submit a completed application form. Those under 18 years must have the form signed by a parent or guardian. Some of the personal documents you may or may not be required to submit; alongside the completed application form include:
- Adoption papers
- Marriage certificates/separation and divorce papers for proof that; you and your spouse are legally married or divorced.
- Certificates, diplomas, degree(s), or trade papers, particularly when applying for a work permit. A reference letter from your previous; employer may also be required where work experience matters.
- An invitation letter from your child or grandchild residing in Canada or a Canadian host specifying the purpose of your travel, duration of stay, and other details of the trip. It should be duly signed with the signatory’s name and designation.
- Proof of medical insurance coverage.
- If the visa documents for Canada that you submit are not in English or French; an original translation and affidavit confirmed by the translator will be required.
Proof Of Means Of Financial Support
You’ll have to show proof of a specific amount of funds that; the Canadian government hopes will cover your stay in the; country as a visitor or during the time you’ll be looking for a job.
You may also be required to give your original bank statement; for the past six months and your income Tax Returns for three years.
Medical Report – Documents Required for Canadian Visa
Anyone looking to visit or study in Canada for more than six months is expected to have a medical report. However, there are exceptions.
Generally, if the report says you are sick or contagious; chances are high that your visa request won’t be successful. For children under the age of 16; a certified immunization record will be required; especially if you want them to pursue their education in Canada.
Police Clearance Certificate
The government of Canada wants to be sure; that you are not a criminal or have any criminal records. That’s why you have to present a police clearance certificate issued; by the police in a country you’ve lived in for over six months after attaining 18 years.
Criminal convictions like theft, assault, driving while under the influence; and manslaughter is among the many causes that might contribute to your visa request being denied.
Other Compulsory Documents Required for Canadian Visa
- Your birth certificate and that of your family members (if immigrating with them).
- Photocopies of both sides of your personal identification card.
- Photocopies of your current immigration documents
Remember there’s an application fee involved as well, and it’s not refundable. Usually, you’ll be required to submit the payment; (in Canadian dollars) together with your application form. If you make the application at a VAC, you’ll have to part; with some VAC service fees as well.
If you have not applied for a passport before, this can seem like a daunting task; due to the large number of documents involved.
But that does not make him discouraged. If you are eligible and continue to fill out the form in full and submit all; the required documents, it is likely that your application form will be accepted.
In addition to considering all of the above; it will also be very helpful if you seek the help of an immigration lawyer because; they can help you not only prepare documents for a visa to Canada but also make sure; they all have needs together.
Additional help on the documents required for a Canadian Visa can be found in the following list:
- Document Checklist (IMM 5484) – (If you are outside Canada)
- Document Checklist (IMM 5721) – (If you are in Canada)