Have you been searching for How to Delete eBay Account or to cancel your eBay account? So many people out there have been searching for LINKS where to deactivate or clos their accounts.
That is reason we have to create this page to assist millions of people out there that have been sending messages to us on how to close, remove eBay account. We want you to know that you are on the right page where your problem will be solved.
Meanwhile, it is very important to know some of those things that will happen once your deactivate or delete your eBay account. Without wasting so much of your time let’s outline some of it right away.
What you Need to Know
What to Do Before Closing Your Account on eBay? It is important to take this very seriously. It is not a simple task and will take time and patience on your part.
However, if you do it right, you will have nothing to worry about. Here are some tips on how to close an eBay account. After all, when you delete your eBay account, you will be going on your way and not to an empty room.
Click on the “Close Account” link, fill out all the information requested, and then submit. Be careful with this step as there could be restrictions involved with account closure.
It is also important to remember that all accounts are different from one another. Some companies require that you pay a one-time fee to have your account closed, others will allow you to delete it by simply paying a monthly fee. Be sure you know the policy that your account has.
Once you know what to do before closing your account on eBay, you can get right back to making money. You can start shopping at eBay again and see what is on sale.
Also, consider opening up a new account and sell items from your current one. If you find some items that you like, go ahead and place an order and get started.
In the meantime, you can enjoy your life, knowing that you will no longer have to deal with an unpaid account.
How To Delete eBay Account on Phone
You can close the eBay account using eBay’s mobile app.
- Open the eBay app on your phone/tablet.
- Tap on the menu (☰) icon at the top left corner of your screen. You can also do it by swiping right from left.
- A side menu bar will appear, select Settings.
- Now, scroll down and select Customer Service.
- Scroll down on the page, and tap on Account. It’s under the Browse Help Articles heading.
- Tap on See All → option under the Settings heading.
- Now, select Closing your account and deleting your data option on the page.
- Scroll down on the page, and tap on Close account and delete my data.
- Select a category from the dropdown menu. Select the one that matches your reason for leaving.
- Multiple reasons will appear, choose one and tap on Continue.
- eBay will display some possible solutions to your problem. Tap on the Select once dropdown menu and select No, please close my account.
- After that, tap on Continue.
- Mark the I read and understand the above information checkbox and tap on Continue.
Now that you have seen how to close your account with your phone. Te next thing is to show you how to deactivate your account with your PC.
How to Cancel eBay Account on Desktop
- Visit ebay.com on any web browser.
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Click on your username at the top left corner.
- A dropdown menu will appear, select Account settings.
- Select the Close account option under the Account preferences section.
- Now, scroll down on the page and click on Close account and delete my data.
- Choose a category that explains your reason for leaving eBay.
- After that, select a reason and click on Continue.
- eBay will show some possible solutions to your issue. Click on the Select one dropdown menu and choose No, please close my account.
- Now, click on the Continue button.
- Mark the I read and understand the above information checkbox, and click on Continue.
You will receive a confirmation email requesting your account closure. If you haven’t bought or sold anything using your account in the last 60 days, your account deletion will take 30days and if you have recently used your account, it will remain open for 60 days.